Monday 13 February 2012

Love Letter

 Roger Noons
Cocktail Valentino - with paraquat

You sent me a notelet, it had a picture of red roses. It was in an envelope with a first class stamp. You addressed me as dear, in your best handwriting. Your perfume lingered on the paper. I was hesitant to read it, fearing the worst. But then you said you loved me and would do so forever. You added lots of kisses for your beloved Alan. But my name is Malcolm
My Darling
 Cocktail Valentino
When you walked from the shower, your hair, soft, wet, dark brown ringlets; I fell in love with you all over again. When you smiled and let the white, fluffy towel fall to the floor, I melted. I could not speak. You looked so beautiful and you told me you loved me. It was unbelievable. I was afraid to touch you, in case you werent real. Then you spoke my name, MY NAME.
BIO - Roger Noons began writing in 2006, when he completed a screenplay, for a friend who is an amateur film maker. After the film was made, he wrote further scripts, then began short stories and poems. He occasionally produces non fiction, particularly memoirs from his long career in Environmental Health.
Did you like our story? Thne you might like to buy our collection, available in paperback and on Kindle. Remember, every copy sold helps the Creative Café Project
 

No comments:

Post a Comment